- Fourth of nine limited annual releases from Pinhook’s Bourbon Vertical Series
- 7-year-old straight bourbon whiskey
- Distilled at MGP in Indiana; aged, blended, and bottled at Castle & Key Distillery in Frankfort, KY, by Pinhook Master Blender, Sean Josephs
- Mash bill of 75% corn, 20.5% rye, 4.5% malted barley
- Aromas of freshly baked raisin bread, brown butter, and burnt sugar transition to a rich palate of ginger snap cookies, dried fig, molasses, and eucalyptus
- Non-chill filtered; 57.5% ABV
The Bourbon Vertical Series is a unique opportunity to follow a group of 1,350 MGP high-rye barrels as they age from four to twelve years and to experience the evolution of flavor throughout that nine-year journey—all curated with the attention to flavor profile and proof that distinguishes the Pinhook ethos. The highest proof yet in the Vertical series, Bourbon War is only getting better with age.
Tasting Notes: This bold and piquant bourbon exhibits a warm and opulent nose with aromas of freshly baked raisin bread, brown butter, and burnt sugar which transition to a rich palate of ginger snap cookies, dried fig, molasses, and hint of eucalyptus. The highest proof yet of a Vertical Series bourbon, Bourbon War is only getting better with age. Non-chill filtered